• Remove jewelry at night. Perspiration and extra wear will cause the plating wear off more quickly.
• Store each piece of jewelry individually, in a sealed container, if possible. This will cut down on your jewelry's exposure to moisture in the air.
• Never wear your jewelry while swimming or showering or when you may perspire, while exercising, for instance.
• The acids in some people's skin can also cause the jewelry to tarnish more quickly. Wipe down jewelry with a soft, damp cloth and then dry it well after each wear.
• Wipe down jewelry with a soft, damp cloth and then dry it well after each wear.